Monday, July 6, 2009

Oshkosh Restaurants – Bangkok Thai

Bangkok Thai
80 Wisconsin St
Oshkosh, WI 54901-3562
(920) 232-0120

Thai food is new to me. I just didn’t grow up eating it. What can I say? I was deprived. I recently discovered Bangkok Thai in Oshkosh, and I’m a huge fan.

I can’t count how many times I’ve been to this Oshkosh restaurant, but I can tell you what I always order. #20 with Beef. The menu describes it as string beans and ginger in a red curry sauce. I add beef and pea pods ((just ask for any other veggies you want)). The price is about $12 for the dinner portion, and I live off of it for days. At Bangkok Thai, you choose the level of spice, I usually go with mild to medium, and the medium is PLENTY hot for me. Burn the lips kind of hot, in a delicious way, of course. The BF always gets the curried fried rice, he switches up the protein he adds. It’s spicy and complex. The flavor is great, and reheats well. The price for the fried rice dishes ranges from about $9 – $12 depending on the protein you choose.

When ordering in, you get a wonderful, simple soup to start your meal. We always get spring or egg rolls as well. Delicate, well seasoned, I think they’re awesome.

I definitely have a list of other dishes I’d like to try off the menu, if only my #20 wasn’t so good. One of these days I’ll have to venture a little more into Thai food, try new dishes, and new Thai restaurants. But for now, I’m glad I found Bangkok Thai, and will continue to be a loyal customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website statistics