Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oshkosh Restaurants - Ardy and Ed's Drive In

Ardy and Ed’s Drive In
2413 S Main St
Oshkosh, WI 54902-7244
(920) 231-5455

This afternoon the work bunch took a little lunchtime break over to Ardy and Ed’s. None of us had ever been to this Oshkosh restaurant, but it was such a nice day, we were looking forward to sittin outside. The waitresses wear roller skates. This amazed me, as I pictured all kinds of fun accidents I’d be having if I was trying to skate and serve food at the same time!

There were 5 of us, and we opted to sit outside at one of the tables ((with umbrellas)). The menu was on the side of the building, and next to it was the bell you rang when you were ready to order. The menu was large, with lots of sandwiches and sides. We all opted to get the baskets with our sandwiches, which came with fries ((you get ketchup or tartar sauce for your fries)) and either a side salad ((dressing choices: ranch, french, thousand island)) or coleslaw.

I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich basket with fries and a side salad. The chicken sandwich was good. I told the waitress yes I wanted mayo, but next time would definitely ask for it on the side. There was a lot. There was also a lot more bun than chicken, but I feel like that happens a lot with chicken sandwiches. The chicken was real, no minced up oversize chicken nugget or anything. The salad was lacking. It was a Styrofoam cup with ice berg lettuce chopped up. I think I would try the coleslaw next time. I also got a root beer, it was very good! Our waitress didn’t tell us until after I ordered, but the grilled chicken sandwich was the special of the day, and included the root beer ((a large)) for $6.81.

Two of the girls ordered the cheeseburger. The meat was thin, but they reported it was a good burger. Both ordered ketchup and pickles on their burgers, and both used the ketchup they got with their fries to put on the burgers. Not enough ketchup? Cheeseburger baskets are &5.09 w/o tax.

Another lunch goer ordered the perch sandwich, fries, and coleslaw instead of the salad ((smart man)). He reported that the sandwich also had too much mayo/tartar sauce on it, much like my chicken sandwich. He liked the coleslaw, definitely trying it next time. Ardy and Ed’s perch sandwich was $6.69 w/o tax.

Last but not least, one of my fellow diners ordered the Hot Beef sandwich, said it was good. Looked like a BBQ sandwich with pulled beef to me. He also got the fries and side salad. The hot beef sandwich basket is $5.59 without tax.

Overall, it was a good lunch. The waitress had no problem giving us each separate checks, and was friendly. It was definitely a fun change for lunch, and I will be back when I’m craving a little old fashioned drive-in food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website statistics