Friday, July 17, 2009

Appleton Restaurants - O'Charley's

O’Charley’s Restaurant
3775 W College Ave
Appleton, WI 54914-3913
(920) 734-1456

We’ve been to the O’Charley’s Restaurant in Appleton, Wisconsin on a few occasions. Recently, we went for a Sunday lunch. We were seated immediately, and our drink order was taken.

As I said, we’ve been to the Appleton O’Charley’s a few times, and it’s mostly because of their rolls. Oh. My. Goodness. The rolls. They are amazing, best part of the meal. If nothing else, go for the rolls.

In the past, we’ve also ordered the $6.79 Southwestern Twisted Chips. They’re fried potato twists, smothered in cheese, pico de gallo, and fresh cilantro. They’re huge, and I usually order something small if we order the chips, I could make a whole meal out of them!

I ordered the $7.99 Southern Fried Chicken Tacos. They were great, the chicken was well seasoned and the pico de gallo on top of the chicken was awesome. There was also the standard lettuce and shredded cheddar on each of the tacos. O’Charley’s served the tacos with a side of “Southwestern Ranch” that I really liked. The meal also came with tortilla chips and a side of pico de gallo. The pico de gallo in the bowl with the chips was NOT the pico de gallo that was on the tacos. I didn’t like the side serving, I’m not sure what it was, but I couldn’t eat it. I ended up dipping some chips in the Southwestern Rance sauce, I did like that!  

The BF ordered the $8.99 Firecracker Burger wrap. It was good, not dry at all, with enough heat to remind you that it was in fact called the Firecracker, but not so much that you couldn’t actually enjoy it. The big cooked jalapenos in the wrap were a nice touch. The wrap came with fries, which were good. I like when you can still taste some potato amongst all the fry.

Though we typically stay away from the chain restaurants, O’Charley’s location ((right off of 41 in Appleton)) and rolls make it a Wisconsin restaurant we keep going back to. With your typical chain restaurant food and prices, it’s regularly a pretty good meal, with good service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website statistics