Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oshkosh Farmer's Market

Oshkosh Farmer’s Market
City Hall parking lot
215 Church Ave

Oshkosh, WI 54901

OPEN-AIR/SEASONAL
June 6, 2009 – October 17, 2009
7:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.

Don’t you love Farmers’ Markets? They are the epitome of summer to me. All the fresh produce, beautiful flowers and homemade goods. All for such good prices! How can you not love them?

In my hometown, we had a very small Farmers’ Market, and I loved it. There were literally maybe 4 stands, and it only happened twice a month or so. There were however, always produce stands available all over town with the best corn and strawberries! It was a pretty heated debate actually, which stand you got the best corn from..

Anyways, the Oshkosh Farmers’ Market. Holy. Cats. I am in love. There are rows and rows of fresh produce. The most beautiful fresh flowers that really last! Honey, jam, clothes, plants… So many temptations! And have you had the egg rolls? No, really… Have you? You’re missing out if you haven’t.

Our weekend have been busy, but I try to get to the Farmers’ Market every Saturday. They even have entertainment. The last one I got to had line dancing. It was so fun! Always something to keep me or the little ones entertained!

Also, they are giving away tomato plants. Did you hear me? They are GIVINg them away! With the promise of bringing extra tomatoes to the food pantry, you get to adopt your very own tomato. How great is that? I adopted Dorota. No fruit yet, but I’m very excited!

The Oshkosh Farmers’ Market is a must do. In fact, any of your local Farmers’ Markets are a must do! Check into one today, and don’t let this weekend pass without making a trip to one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website statistics